cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <Paul.Russ...@uea.ac.uk>
Subject xml:space
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:19:45 GMT
I've got a horrible feeling that I'm missing something really
obvious here, but I've checked the FAQ and documentation, and
can't see anything there. I'm having a problem whereby somewhere
in cocoon, 'empty' text nodes are being stripped, even though
I've got xml:space="preserve" attributes in the surrounding
element:

XML source document fragment:

<PersName>
	<Title>Mr.</Title>
	<Forename>Paul</Forename>
	<Middlename>James</Middlename>
	<Surname>Russell</Surname>
</PersName>

XSL document fragment:

<xsl:template match="PersName" xml:space="preserve">
	<xsl:value-of select="Forename"/>
	<xsl:value-of select="Middlename"/>
	<xsl:value-of select="Surname"/>
</xsl:template>

Now, as far as I can tell, that should render correctly, and
keep the new lines and tab characters intact, unfortunately, I
end up with PaulJamesRussell.

Versions:
Cocoon - 1.5 (debian package version 2.2)
	using the OpenXML parser - 1.0.6.1
	XSL:P stylesheet translator - 19991017 (debian package
		1.1)
jdk1.1 (blackdown linux port)

Anyone got any ideas what stupid mistake I've made?

TIA,

Paul Russell