cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent-Olivier Arsenault" <vinc...@stria.com>
Subject Cocoon Producer Problems
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:31:38 GMT
Hi!

Here's what I want to do:

When a request is made trough apache, it looks for the requested file, if it
does't find it on the file system, I want the 404 error document to be
generated by a custom cocoon producer, which generates xml as a thin client
for a remote application server (ejb). The requested url may be valid (not
return a 404) because there is no xml document in the filesystem at all,
they are all generated by the cocoon producer.

what I have:

-cocoon 1.6-dev (monday's cvs)
-tomcat (monday's cvs)
-apache 1.3.9 (release version)

Ok what I did:

in httpd.conf :

ErrorDocument 404 /index.xml?producer=ejb

index.xml exists but it's empty (i get an error if it points to a
nonexisting file). ejb is my producer, which i set up in cocoon.properties.

in web.xml:

<error-page>
 <error-code>404</error-code>
 <location>/index.xml?producer=ejb</location>
</error-page>

Ok here's my problem, let say I want
"/shop/jazz/louis-armstrong/wondeful-world/1254588.html" the shop directory
is not there, so the 404 is sent to index.xml?producer=ejb, and ejb is a
dummy producer that displays all the parameters and request's header infos.
This is the output I get:

URI : /index.xml

PathInfo : null

ServletPath : /index.xml

accept : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
*/*

accept-encoding : gzip, deflate

host : fusion3.stria.ca

accept-language : en-us

connection : Keep-Alive

user-agent : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows 98)

producer : ejb

As you can see the producer parameter is displayed, but, apache is supposed
to send those parameters (and I don't see them):

REDIRECT_HTTP_ACCEPT
REDIRECT_HTTP_USER_AGENT
REDIRECT_PATH
REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING
REDIRECT_REMOTE_ADDR
REDIRECT_REMOTE_HOST
REDIRECT_SERVER_NAME
REDIRECT_SERVER_PORT
REDIRECT_SERVER_SOFTWARE
REDIRECT_URL

I seems normal since when i request
"/shop/jazz/louis-armstrong/wondeful-world/1254588.html?debug=yes" i get the
same output (no "debug : yes").

So what I need is the requested url
("/shop/jazz/louis-armstrong/wondeful-world/1254588.html") and the
parameters with their respective values (apache's and custom ones).

I would appreciate any suggestion as I may be on a completly wrong path
here. And if you think this is a bug (more likely tomcat's) please tell me,
so that I send a report to the jakarta mailing list.

thanks
--vincent