cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Smirnov" <vic...@uwc.ru>
Subject Re: xml, html and wml
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:01:54 GMT
Hello Marcello!

It's not a problem, realy. The result depends on your browser (precisely, on what it tells
about himselve to server).
If it says, it is "Nokia-WAP-Toolkit" it gets wap. Other wise it gets html.
For instance, you can youse media="lynx" for formating for text only browser, etc.

To view wap you need to download Nokia-WAP-Toolkit.

(Our you can force you browser to return this string :-)

- Victor
    I have a simple problem:
    I'd like to apply a different xsl to an xml document in orde to obtain html or wml output.
Do oyu know if there is a particular syntax that tells cocooon to do this?
    I'm looking at the example included with cocoon; it starts this way:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.wml.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
    <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

    Cocoon uses always the first xsl. I tried with the following code: "....portfolio.xml?media=wap"
with no result.