cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Eskenazi" <lesken...@mail.inforama.fr>
Subject Newbie questions (off topic ?)
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:33:27 GMT
Hi!

I just installed Cocoon and I have a few questions.

First, here's what I used :
Gateway Solo9100 / Pentium 233 / 64Mb
WinNT 4 SP4
Sun JDK 1.2.2
Apache 1.3.9
Tomcat 3.1M1
Xerces 1.01
Xalan 0.19
Cocoon 1.6

My main problem is with Tomcat context with Apache and Cocoon...I don't
exactly understand how to manage directories with these tools. I followed
the Cocoon install instruction and I had to copy Cocoon sample directory to
tomcat webpage directory. I can now access to Cocoon samples with
http://localhost:8080/samples/, but I still don't understand how to access
these files from Apache, with a straight http://localhost/samples or
something like this like I'd like to. Then, where am I supposed to put my
files ? In Cocoon directory ? In Tomcat Directory ? Or in Apache's htdoc ?
Does anybody know a place where I could read something about this ? Tomcat
doc looks realy thin for me.

By the way, is it better to use Jserv or Tomcat with Cocoon ?

Thanks for your help

Laurent