cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject using an external document
Date Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:19:44 GMT
I am trying to read values from external documents
This is roughly what all the documents look like:
    (the ones doing the loading and the ones that are loaded)

<page>
    <about>blah blah blah</about>
    <title>Blah</title>
    [...]
    <links>
        <link type="parent">
            <uri>../ma.xml</uri>
        </link>
    </links>
</page>

I am trying to use this template to use the "uri" of my parent link, to pull in the top level
node of parent external document into a variable, then access it's "about" and "title" elements,
via the variable.

<xsl:template match="link" mode="parent">
    <xsl:variable name="lp" select="document(uri)"/>
</xsl:template>

I am getting an empty anchor <a href="../ma.xml" title=""></a>

Is this possible with a standard Cocoon 1.5 setup?
Or am I just doing it all wrong/

thanks Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre