cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Twiggs, Glenn" <Glenn_Twi...@bmc.com>
Subject Multiple XSL from one XML
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:09:13 GMT
Hello -

I could find no reference to my question in the Cocoon doc or the FAQ, so
I'll try here...

I have an XML doc which, depending on a viewer's choice, I want to display
using different XSL. For example, an "index" stylesheet for an overall view
and a "chapter" stylesheet to view one specific chapter. Is this possible to
do without writing any java code? According to the
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet recommendation, the following is valid:

<?xml-stylesheet title="chapter" href="chapter.xsl" type="text/xsl"
alternate="yes"?>
<?xml-stylesheet title="index"   href="index.xsl"   type="text/xsl"?>

I would like to (via the query string?) specify which stylesheet to use, by
title, and also to pass a parameter in to the XSL specifying a "chapter" to
format.

Glenn.