cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "Upayavira" by Upayavira
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:29:24 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Upayavira" page has been changed by Upayavira:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Upayavira?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

+ NOTE: This is an old and out of date page. A more up-to-date profile can be seen here: http://www.odoko.co.uk/upayavira
+
  I am a Cocoon user, developer and a Buddhist.

  I've been using Cocoon since August 2002. I have been seeking ways for many years to make
web sites easy to maintain for poor and technically illiterate Buddhist organisations. Cocoon
helps tremendously in doing this. It separates concerns beautifully, and is vastly superior
to any other technology that I have investigated, as a way for developing sites.
@@ -8, +10 @@

  I work full time for [[http://www.nexusalpha.co.uk|Nexus Alpha Ltd]]. My CLI work also has
relevance for my employer.

- In 2000 I was ordained into the Western Buddhist Order, which is at the heart of the [[http://www.fwbo.org|FWBO]].
This explains my Buddhist name, which I was given on ordination. It is a Sanskrit name, which
translates to 'Hero of Means', or, more longwinded, "He who, with great enthusiasm, finds
creative ways to help others on the path to Enlightenment". To embody this, I've first got
to work out what Enlightenment is!
+ In 2000 I was ordained into the Triratna Buddhist Order. This explains my Buddhist name,
which I was given on ordination. It is a Sanskrit name, which translates to 'Hero of Means',
or, more longwinded, "He who, with great enthusiasm, finds creative ways to help others on
the path to Enlightenment". To embody this, I've first got to work out what Enlightenment
is!

  It can be split into two parts, Upaya (skilful means) and Vira (hero). The best way to describe
pronunciation is to say that Upaya rhymes with 'Papaya', and Vira rhymes with 'Clearer'. Some
day I may record a WAV file and attach it here. To answer one previous question - I don't
have a surname, just a name.