cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "FrancescoChicchiricco" by FrancescoChicchiricco
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 07:40:21 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FrancescoChicchiricco" page has been changed by FrancescoChicchiricco:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FrancescoChicchiricco?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  #format wiki
  #language en
   * Java developer
-  * CEO at [[http://www.eposse.it/|ePOSSE]]
+  * CEO at [[http://www.tirasa.net/|Tirasa]]

  === Biography ===
- After his Master Thesis at Nokia Research Center - Helsinki, he worked for a couple of years
in Rome, getting in touch with web technologies and problems arising when using a "raw" J2EE
environment.
+ My name is Francesco Chicchiriccò, and my surname has been a tricky  challenge since I
was born in 1977, every time I had to get in touch  with any public office; the advent of
Internet made things even more  cumbersome, despite of Unicode effort :-)

- In 2003 he founded [[http://www.eposse.it/|ePOSSE]], a company aiming at "emPowering Open
Source and Software Engineering". He started playing around with Cocoon in late 2004, under
suggestion of a couple of Italian Cocoon's guru.
+ My nickname at ASF is '''''[[http://people.apache.org/list_C.html#ilgrosso|ilgrosso]]''''',
meaning "the big one" because, yeah, I don't wear a size S since I was 10 ;-)
+      I am currently ASF member, [[http://syncope.apache.org|Apache Syncope]] PMC chair and
[[http://cocoon.apache.org|Apache Cocoon]] PMC Member.

- After getting in touch with Cocoon, he's been pushing its utilization on every web-related
project his company was involved in.
+ Linux - then [[http://www.debian.org|Debian]], what else? -  addict since 1997, I am Italian
(and proud to be), married with a  lovely wife called Cinzia, father of a wonderful boy called
Davide.  Since I was a child I've always loved comics and music, playing bass  guitar in a
few metal rock bands with some friends.
+
+ About Computer Science, I got a master degree in 2001 in [[http://www.di.univaq.it/|L'Aquila]],
after six months spent at Nokia Research Center in Heksinki (about this, you can take a look
at a [[http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/linusphoto.html|photo]] I took at that time with
[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds|a friend of mine]] :-P).
+      Since then I've been working as developer, analyst and architect for  some companies
until I've established in 2004 my first IT company  (ePOSSE, now [[http://www.everett.it|Everett
Italia]]). After seven years, I decided to start again from scratch with a brand new Open
Source based company, [[http://www.tirasa.net|Tirasa]], aiming to speed up the development
and the adoption of [[http://syncope.apache.org/|Apache Syncope]].
+
+ In 2006 I had the chance to meet Gianugo Rabellino, at a common  customer's place, that
introduced to me the world of Apache Software  Foundation in general and Cocoon in particular.
Having suddenly realized  that Cocoon 2.1 had an almost vertical learning curve, I've been
anyway  fascinated by the upsetting beauty of its architecture and potential.
+      Besides ASF, I am project owner of [[http://connid.googlecode.com|ConnId]], the [[http://tirasa.github.com/HippoCocoonToolkit/|Hippo
Cocoon Toolkit]] and [[https://github.com/Tirasa/OpenJPA-Azure|OpenJPA Azure]].  I've been
also contributing to some other projects like Sync4j (now [[http://www.funambol.com/opensource/|Funambol]]),
and [[http://www.hippocms.org|Hippo CMS]].