cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "Cocoon 3 Profiling" by SebastianRosensteiner
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 20:51:39 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SebastianRosensteiner:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Cocoon_3_Profiling

      * Sebastian Rosensteiner
      * Stephan Teuschl

+ === Current Status ===
+
+ A first Patch (introducing the cocoon-profiling project to cocoon 3) was already applied.
Currently we are discussing the second patch which is available here: [[http://christophleiter.com/tmp/cocoon-profiling-1.patch]].
+
+ We are about to build a suitable data structure for the profiling data, and we are now facing
the problem that some of the data we store is redundant. This is because some of our aspects
are very generic and intercept calls of the same object (e.g. a PipelineComponent) several
times, storing the same information in several ProfilingData objects. I see no way to make
the aspects more specific, since we have no information which servlets, sitemaps and pipeline
components might be used and which methods are called.
+
+ Measuring the runtime of servlets, sitemaps and pipeline components is now done at a method
basis, which means that we have accurate data on the runtime of the intercepted methods, but
no data on the runtime (lifetime) of a specific servlet or pipeline component.
+
  === First Examples ===

- The following examples were developed to gain knowledge about the cocoon project and other
related technologies (e.g. Spring AOP). Beginners might find them useful since these examples
are simple and easy to use.
+ The following examples were developed to gain knowledge about the cocoon project and other
related technologies (e.g. Spring AOP). Beginners might find these resources useful since
these examples are simple and easy to use.

  ==== Spring AOP ====

@@ -57, +65 @@

  ==== Cocoon Sample ====

+ A small cocoon sample was developed in order to get a better understanding of cocoon and
its possibilities.
+
  ----