cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Krishna, Hari \(FTT-CInternet\)" <HKris...@Templeton.com>
Subject RE: new cocoon video tutorial available
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:06:37 GMT
Hi
  I am happy to see such a wonderful stuff. Can you guys tell me where i
can see such more vedios for Maven/Axis/Webservices/Jax etc

  _____

From: Ken Starks [mailto:ken@lampsacos.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 6:32 PM
To: docs@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: new cocoon video tutorial available

hussayn wrote:

	Hi, thanks for your so quick and positive response. I think, the
creative
	team at machinimatrix will
	be eager to do some more stuff, including some really neat 3D
visualizations
	of a cocoon pipeline.

	Ken Starks wrote:

		Pity you couldn't find a real female, though, or is the
		constituency of cocoon users still completely unbalanced
in the male &
		female sense ? - Using an avatar as "moderator" was part
of the design
		decision, when we made the concept for the tutorial. The
main point here
		is, that our tutorials are created in a 3D environment,
which probably
		will be "publicly visitable" at some time in the near
future (plans are
		made, but decisions need to be taken yet)

	- Using a generated voice has 2 reasons:

	1.) We thought, Avatars need computer voices (never break the
media ;-) )
	2.) The content is expressed in XML, so it is no problem to edit
the text
	during content creation and of course it is no problem to create
	transcription.

	Having said this, I think, we are going to add cocoon to our
future video
	production chain .

	regards, hussayn

This is excellent news. If Cocoon is seen to be _the_ Killer application
that allows
your creative people to be creative, without the technology getting in
the way, who
can possibly deny that it is awesome.

I certainly don't really object to an avatar, and even if you were to
employ a
professional to do a performance, or just a voice-over, the avatar
edition could
provide an accurate reference to synchronise with, at a later editing
stage.

Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.