cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From hussayn <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: new cocoon video tutorial available
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:58:39 GMT

Hi, thanks for your so quick and positive response. I think, the creative
team at machinimatrix will
be eager to do some more stuff, including some really neat 3D visualizations
of a cocoon pipeline.

Ken Starks wrote:
> Pity you couldn't find a real female, though, or is the
> constituency of cocoon users still completely unbalanced in the male &
> female sense ? - Using an avatar as "moderator" was part of the design
> decision, when we made the concept for the tutorial. The main point here
> is, that our tutorials are created in a 3D environment, which probably
> will be "publicly visitable" at some time in the near future (plans are
> made, but decisions need to be taken yet)

- Using a generated voice has 2 reasons:

1.) We thought, Avatars need computer voices (never break the media ;-) )
2.) The content is expressed in XML, so it is no problem to edit the text
during content creation and of course it is no problem to create a
transcription.

Having said this, I think, we are going to add cocoon to our future video
production chain .

regards, hussayn