cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "SitemapBrowser" by LarsHuttar
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 16:18:38 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by LarsHuttar:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SitemapBrowser

The comment on the change is:
updated info, added testimonial, section header formatting

  ## page was renamed from SitemapVisualizer
  = Sitemap Browser =

- I am working on a Sitemap Browser (SB) application written for Cocoon, using Cocoon. This
will be open source. (Can someone tell me what I need to do to release it under the ASF license?)
+ I have developed a Sitemap Browser (SB) application written for Cocoon, using Cocoon. This
is open source. (Can someone tell me what I need to do to release it under the ASF license?)

- Attachments:
+ == Attachments: ==

  Comments and suggestions are welcome. Please [http://www.huttar.net/lars-kathy/sendusmail.html
let me know] if you try this out.

- Installation:
+ == Installation: ==
+ See instructions in attachment:help.html
-  * Copy the files (sitemap.xmap, *.xsl, and *.html) into a folder such as "sb/" somewhere
that's mounted by your Cocoon installation. For example, you could install them in samples/sb/.
-  * To run the sitemap browser, see instructions in attachment:help.html

- FAQ: Someone is likely to ask, "How does this relate to / overlap with Anyware/Lepido's
sitemap editor?" My hope is that they're complimentary. One advantage of SB is that it's lightweight
... about a 13KB download vs. 150MB for Eclipse and the required plugins. SB  also works over
the web. However, SB doesn't have editing capabilities, nor does it have in-depth understanding
of sitemap structure. (By the way, the Lepido project is now closed.)
+ == Testimonial: ==
+ {{{Thanks a lot for your updating help page and source from your SiteMap Browser tool.
+ I just installed it, it seems to work fine. It looks exactly like what I was searching,
really usefull I guess.
+ I'm astonished I'm the first person to ask you about SB !}}}

+  * Q: How does SB relate to ["Lepido"], Anyware's sitemap editor?
+  * A: They're complimentary, having different purposes. SB is a lightweight sitemap browser
and testing assistant that works over the web. Lepido provides intelligent sitemap '''editing'''
capabilities in Eclipse.
+