cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From da...@cocoon.zones.apache.org
Subject [DAISY] Updated: Welcome
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:05:38 GMT
A document has been updated:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/1213.html

Document ID: 1213
Branch: main
Language: default
Name: Welcome (unchanged)
Document Type: Cocoon Document (unchanged)
Updated on: 12/18/06 11:05:28 AM
Updated by: Reinhard Pötz

A new version has been created, state: publish

Parts
=====

Content
-------
This part has been updated.
Mime type: text/xml (unchanged)
File name:  (unchanged)
Size: 117 bytes (previous version: 1844 bytes)
Content diff:

--- <h1>Apache Cocoon</h1>
+++ </p>

--- <p class="note">This is our 2.1 definition of Cocoon. I (rpoetz) think that we
--- need to adapt it to reflect our way towards modulariuzation (blocks), that we
--- offer continuation based controller and that Cocoon is the best framework when
--- it comes to XML and the support of multiple output formats.</p>
---
--- <p>Apache Cocoon is a web development framework built around the concepts of
--- separation of concerns and component-based web development.</p>
---
--- <p>Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of 'component pipelines',
--- each component on the pipeline specializing on a particular operation. This
--- makes it possible to use a Lego(tm)-like approach in building web solutions,
--- hooking together components into pipelines without any required programming.</p>
---
--- <p>Cocoon is "web glue for your web application development needs". It is a glue
--- that keeps concerns separate and allows parallel evolution of all aspects of a
--- web application, improving development pace and reducing the chance of
--- conflicts.</p>
---
--- <h1>News</h1>
---
--- <pre class="query">select name, summary, creationTime, ownerName where documentType='NewsItem'
order by creationTime DESC limit 7 option style_hint = 'news'
--- </pre>
---
---
--- <table daisy-table-type="homepage" width="100%" align="center">
--- <tbody>
--- <tr>
--- <td>
--- <p>Getting started</p>
--- </td>
--- <td>
--- <p>Getting better</p>
--- </td>
--- <td>
--- <p>Getting involved</p>
--- </td>
--- </tr>
--- <tr>
--- <td>
--- <p>Your first Cocoon application, Extending your first Cocoon application</p>
--- </td>
--- <td>
--- <p>Find presentations, articles, books</p>
--- </td>
--- <td>
--- <p>How to contribute?, Writing documentation, Filing a bug report</p>
--- </td>
--- </tr>
--- </tbody>
--- </table>
---
--- <h1>Versions</h1>
---
--- <p class="note">explain what versions of Cocoon exists and which one should be
--- chosen by a user</p>
---