cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Trivial Update of "CocoonVendorBranch" by MarkLundquist
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:45:47 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by MarkLundquist:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonVendorBranch

The comment on the change is:
minor formatting change

  = Motivation =
   1. Control of local modifications (patches, additions to lib/local)
   1. Being able to easily see what changed from release to release
-  1. Import into the repository only what we need for production builds: selected blocks
only, no samples or docs.
+  1. Import into the repository only what we need for production builds:
+    * selected blocks only
+    * no samples
+    * no documentation
  = Overview =
  This is a variation on the Subversion "[http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s04.html
vendor branch]" strategy.  It differs from the technique outlined in the book, in that we
don't have a single main branch into which we merge vendor drops. We want to be able to assimilate
a new Cocoon release without forcing all of our Cocoon application to upgrade, so we have
a main branch for each Cocoon release that we bring in.  That way, we can port each of our
applications to a new Cocoon only if and when we need to do so.