cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "BricksCms" by simishag
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:39:37 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by simishag:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BricksCms

The comment on the change is:
add overview of bricks

  It was called "cms" because a content management system is a good use case for Cocoon.

  But it's no competition for the "real" Cocoon-based CMSes out there - if you're looking
for a CMS there are several systems based on Cocoon, but this one is only really a toy.
+
+ = Overview =
+ I found this project to be very useful for illustrating Cocoon, as it is mostly stripped
down to the basics.  The distro has a lot of stuff in it which can be distracting at times.
+
+ Under src, we have 4 directories: build-targets, cocoon, java, misc.  build-targets has
some Ant targets which are included by the main build.xml.  misc contains some important files
for the auxiliary projects that bricks relies on (derby, hivemind, ojb).  Let's look at the
other 2 dirs.
+
+ == Java ==
+ All the Java code is organized under org.apache.coocon.apps.bricks.cms.  The packages are:
+
+  * componentmanager: Component initialization & management; will be called by servlet
container when context is created/destroyed
+  * data: CMS application data (documents)
+  * objectstore: Interface between OJB & objects under "data"; simple create & search
operations
+  * ojb: JDBC bridge; database connection & transaction management
+  * util: Exception classes, etc.
+  * wikiparser: Interface & implementation of Wiki parser (actually uses the textile4j
parser)
+
+ note: I don't think I explained objectstore & ojb very well here.
+
+ == Cocoon ==
+
+ We have 3 dirs here: config, webapp, xconf.  config holds the properties used to build Cocoon
from the distribution; it would be similar to local.build.properties under Cocoon.  xconf
holds patches against the default Cocoon files that would be found under WEB-INF (see the
readme for how to use this).  Let's look at the webapp:
+
+ === Webapp ===
+
+ (to be continued)

  = News =
   * October 7th, 2005: code snapshot uploaded, will be available on our download mirrors
in the next few hours.