cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "SylvainWallez" by SylvainWallez
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:46:09 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SylvainWallez:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SylvainWallez

- Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Cocoon wiki! Want to know more about me? Visit
my [http://people.apache.org/~sylvain/ Apache home page] and my [http://www.anyware-tech.com
weblog]
+ Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Cocoon wiki! Want to know more about me? Visit
my [http://people.apache.org/~sylvain/ Apache home page] and my [http://bluxte.net blog]

  = Cocoon wishlist =
  Here's a dump of random ideas that pop in my head about Cocoon. Ideas come and go, and good
ones sometimes get lost before coming back later. So here they are, both as a personal reminder
and for you to pick them for discussion and/or implementation.

  == Cocoon Forms ==

- === Styling as attributes of <ft:widget> ===
+ === Styling as attributes of <ft:widget> - ''done'' ===
  Having to open a <ft:widget> and add a <fi:styling> for a simple attribute as
type="textarea" is cumbersome. In the template language implementation (both jx and transformer),
automatically create a <fi:styling> if <ft:widget> has some "foreign" attributes.
  E.g:
  {{{
@@ -24, +24 @@

  === Automatic <ft:continuation-id> ===
  Insertion of the continuation id as an input field can be automated if the <ft:form-template>'s
action attribute doesn't contain the continuation id.

- === Easier access to resources in jar ===
+ === Easier access to resources in jar - ''done'' ===
  CForms and the BrowserUpdateTransformer (which is available in the core) come with client-side
resources (js, css, gifs, etc) stored in jars. To ease access to these resources, define a
naming convention allowing a generic pipeline in the root sitemap:
  {{{
  <map:match pattern="system/*/**">
@@ -42, +42 @@

  This will allow for combo-boxes, where the user can choose an existing value but also give
a new one.

- === "Cocoon suggests" styling ===
+ === "Cocoon suggests" styling - ''done'' ===
  Non-exclusive selection-lists also allow "Google suggests"-type of styling. Selection-lists
must therefore be "filterable", i.e. provide a limited list given the current user input.
For URL-based selection-lists, the current input can be passed as an query parameter.

  === Add the notion of selection to repeaters ===
@@ -53, +53 @@

  == Error handling ==

- === Define a LocatableException ===
+ === Define a LocatableException ''done'' ===
  Cocoon uses a lot of exception cascading. Having a LocatableException can allow to easily
provide a "cocoon stack trace" by gathering all locations of LocatableExceptions in the exception
chain.

  === Use Locator and SAXParseException ===