cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From da...@cocoon.zones.apache.org
Subject [DAISY] Comment added to Why does Cocoon take so long to start?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:10:33 GMT
A comment has been created.

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/800.html

Document ID: 800
Name: Why does Cocoon take so long to start?
Branch: main
Language: default

Created by: Ellis Pritchard
Created on: 3/1/06 3:10:28 PM
Visibility: public

I thought the sitemap was parsed these days? It used to be compiled, but I think Sylvian re-wrote
it to make it faster.

The real reason is all the class loading, object creation and dynamic configuration that goes
on when cocoon.xconf is read. Each sitemap is then lazily loaded only when a request is made
for a path prefix it matches.

To make Cocoon startup faster, suggest removing unnecessary blocks using a local.blocks.properties
file when building, which will remove unused block jars from WEB-INF/lib and their supporting
configuration from cocoon.xconf.