cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "FAQs" by RobinRigby
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:01:41 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RobinRigby:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FAQs

  === Problems following install instructions using cocoon 2.0.4 ===

  Q: Hi, today I tried to install cocoon 2.0.4 using the Tomcat version 5.0.16 and 5.0.18.
I copied the cocoon.war into the webapps directory of Tomcat, as explained, but it (Tomcat)
was not able to start the application(same after several restarts and reboots). There was
a message pointing this out on the application-management-page of Tomcat and in the console
monitor. In the console monitor there were several fatal errors (SCHWERWIEGENDER FEHLER in
german) listed. The first suspicious message is a
- "'''WARNING: exception while expanding web application archive cocoon.war'''", followed
by a
+ "'''WARNING: exception while expanding web application archive cocoon.war'''", followed
by a
  fatal error: "'''Error in dependencyCheck'''" which is followed by a strange regular message:
  "'''java.util.zip.!ZipException: invalid entry size(expected 2472738816 but got 48 bytes)'''"???
  I'm using XP pro and tried java versions 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.5_beta using the appropriate
Win_VM_1.4-binaries but nothing helped.
@@ -70, +70 @@

  ==  Writing DOM to an XML file ==

- Q: Why am I getting a bunch of &amp;#9;s (and-sign pound 9 semi) instead of whitespace
when writing a document to an XML file?  This happens when I save a DOM from a flowscript
as shown in the blocks/forms/samples/from2xml example.
+ Q: Why am I getting a bunch of &amp;#9;s (and-sign pound 9 semi) instead of whitespace
when writing a document to an XML file?  This happens when I save a DOM from a flowscript
as shown in the blocks/forms/samples/from2xml example.

  A: UNANSWERED!!  Your answer here :)

@@ -82, +82 @@

  Q: I know that the [:Serializer] "turns a series of SAX events into an XML document". Can
someone explain (in clear English if possible ;-) what this '''actually''' means.  What are
"events" and how do they differ from "documents" (from the machine's or my point of view).
 And '''how''' does this happen?

- A: Thanks for asking, have a look at the updated [:SAX] page.
+ A: Thanks for asking, have a look at the updated [:SAX] page.

  ==  Configuration - Specific configuration details ==

@@ -113, +113 @@

  ==  General Problems - Why am I getting this error message? ==

  === I'm getting the following error message: ===
- {{{message The processing instruction target
+ {{{message The processing instruction target
             matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.

- description org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
+ description org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
- The processing instruction target matching
+ The processing instruction target matching
  "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.}}}

  You've got spaces before your <?xml declaration. Check your sitemap, your XML files,
and your XSLT files.
@@ -146, +146 @@

  ===  How can we display the web site url contents directly inside Cocoon Portal framework
instead of linking to a URL ?  ===

- A:
+ A:

  ===  I can kill Cocoon (2.0.4 or 2.1rc3) by pressing the Reload-Button for a while. This
also works with some of cocoons Live-Sites (using a DSL-Connection). Why is that?? (I don't
think that I will use Cocoon any more...) ===

@@ -249, +249 @@

  {{{
  //modulename below refers to the name defined in cocoon.xconf
  String modulename = "defaults";
- ComponentSelector selector =
+ ComponentSelector selector =
          (ComponentSelector)this.manager.lookup(InputModule.ROLE + "Selector");
  InputModule module = (InputModule)selector.select(modulename);
  Iterator it = module.getAttributeNames(null, objectModel);
@@ -283, +283 @@

  === Q: Flow: extending objects ===

- Is it possible to extend for example the form object in Flow? So that we have our own implementation
of it? If so, are there examples.
+ Is it possible to extend for example the form object in Flow? So that we have our own implementation
of it? If so, are there examples.
  ps why was Flow written in javascript, and not java? Probably a stupid one:).

@@ -299, +299 @@

  === Q: How to use Flowscript without creating sessions? ===

- {{{FOM_JavaScriptInterpeter}}} creates a session (if it doesn't already exist) whenever
a variable is set in the global scope.
+ {{{FOM_JavaScriptInterpeter}}} creates a session (if it doesn't already exist) whenever
a variable is set in the global scope.

  Note that variables declared inside functions must be declared with ''var'' to be considered
locals.

@@ -345, +345 @@

  <map:parameter name="foo" value="{request-param:foo}"/>
  }}}

+ === Q: How to use results from one component as parameters for another ? ===
+
+ A: UNANSWERED!!  Your answer here :)
+