cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "Repository/DateTime" by JCKermagoret
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 05:09:20 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JCKermagoret:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Repository/DateTime

  = Motivation =
  There is a date widget, from mattkruse lib. It's a very useful one, but there is a lack
of time support to select a schedule.

- There are other solutions, like the one from www.dynarch.com, but it's LGPL, not ASL.
+ There are other solutions :
+  * one from www.dynarch.com, but it's LGPL, not ASL, and not packaged with Cocoon
+  * hours, minutes and seconds CForms drop down fields. It's a valid solution but forces
us to manage 3 more fields just for input constraints

- So, I added time support to the mattkruse calendar widget.
+ So, I added time support to the mattkruse calendar widget to have an easy to use UI and
binding.
+
+ I use date and time formats used by [http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
SimpleDateFormat]

  = Feature =
  The date time widget may be customized a little :