cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From da...@cocoon.zones.apache.org
Subject [DAISY] Updated: Design considerations
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:37:07 GMT
A document has been updated:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/679.html

Document ID: 679
Branch: main
Language: default
Name: Design considerations (unchanged)
Document Type: Simple Document (unchanged)
Updated on: 8/22/05 1:36:45 PM
Updated by: Helma van der Linden

A new version has been created, state: publish

Parts
=====
Content
-------
This part has been updated.
Mime type: text/xml (unchanged)
File name:  (unchanged)
Size: 7129 bytes (previous version: 11619 bytes)
Content diff:

--- <h1>Website Revision 1</h1>
---
    to avoid having to redo everything because you forgot to take some essentials
    into account.</p>
(136 equal lines skipped)
          /forms            -- Cocoon forms (if necessary)
          /xsl              -- XSLT files that transform your content into XHTML pages</pre>

--- <h2>Let's get to work</h2>
---
--- <p>Now that decisions are made, it is time to put it all to work. First, fire up
--- Eclipse, open your <em>HealthyCocoon </em>project and create the directory
--- structure as outlined above under <em>/src/cocoon/webapp/healthycocoon</em>
of
--- your project. Note that <em>healthycocoon </em>is the "root" directory under
above. This
--- makes your project a subproject of the Cocoon webapp. This way, the project
--- sitemap can remain small. The "root" sitemap (i.e. the default sitemap installed
--- during the installation of Cocoon) remains untouched and provides a default
--- setup for most definitions and URLs.</p>
---
--- <h3>Create the home page</h3>
---
--- <p>The home page will contain the information about HealthyCocoon. It will be
--- the first page to be shown when the domainname is entered and where all
--- non-existing pages will be directed to.<br/>
--- Create a new XML file in <em>src/cocoon/webapp/healthycocoon/content</em>
and
--- name it <em>home.xml</em>. Copy or type the page template, explained above
and
you'. Copy
--- or type the text about HealthyCocoon between the <tt>text </tt>tags. Save
the
--- file.<br/>
--- It looks like this:</p>
---
--- <pre>&lt;page&gt;
---   &lt;header&gt;
---     &lt;title&gt;HealthyCocoon Welcomes You&lt;/title&gt;
---   &lt;/header&gt;
---   &lt;content&gt;
---     &lt;banner&gt;HealthyCocoon Welcomes You&lt;/banner&gt;
---     &lt;text&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;
---          HealthyCocoon is a hip restaurant located in the centre of Maastricht, The
---          Netherlands. Maastricht is practically on the Belgian border and only some 30
km
---          from the German border, which explains our international clientele.
---       &lt;/p&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;
---          We intend to spoil our customers by serving them fresh, healthy and nutritional
---          food served in eye-pleasing and tongue-caressing dishes. Not only do we have
ample
---          seating inside, but we also have tables and comfortable chairs set up outside
for
---          those nice days in spring, summer and autumn.
---       &lt;/p&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;If you are in a rush, you will find that our dishes are also great
for takeaway.&lt;/p&gt;
---     &lt;/text&gt;
---   &lt;/content&gt;
--- &lt;/page&gt;</pre>
---
--- <h3>Create the contact page</h3>
---
the
--- addres of HealthyCocoon. Choose an appropriate title and banner. It looks like
--- this:</p>
---
--- <pre>&lt;page&gt;
---   &lt;header&gt;
---     &lt;title&gt;HealthyCocoon - Contact&lt;/title&gt;
---   &lt;/header&gt;
---   &lt;content&gt;
---     &lt;banner&gt;Where to find us&lt;/banner&gt;
---     &lt;text&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;
---          HealthyCocoon is located at:
---       &lt;/p&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;
---          Webappstreet 25&lt;br/&gt;
---          1234 AB Maastricht&lt;br/&gt;
---          The Netherlands&lt;br/&gt;
---       &lt;/p&gt;
---       &lt;p&gt;
---          You can reach us:&lt;br/&gt;
---          By phone: +31 43 1234567&lt;br/&gt;
---          By fax: +31 43 1234568&lt;br/&gt;
---          By email: info@healthycocoon.com&lt;br/&gt;
---       &lt;/p&gt;
---     &lt;/text&gt;
---   &lt;/content&gt;
--- &lt;/page&gt;</pre>
---
--- <p class="note">Since these files are XML, you are required to write valid XML.
--- This means that using HTML tags also requires you to conform to valid XML, hence
---
--- <h3>Putting it to screen</h3>
---
--- <p>Now that you have written the content to start with, it is time to focus on
--- how to get it to display on screen. For that we need two things:</p>
---
--- <ul>
--- <li>Something, an XSLT stylesheet, that transforms your pages into XHTML.</li>
--- <li>Something, a sitemap, that does the directory-to-URL mapping as discussed
--- before.</li>
--- </ul>
---
--- <h3>ToXHTML.xslt</h3>
---
--- <p>The XSLT stylesheet that transforms the internal markup to XHTML is
--- conveniently named <em>ToXHTML.xslt</em>. Create an XSL document in
--- <em>src/cocoon/webapp/healthycocoon/system/xsl</em>. For now we will create
the
--- simplest stylesheet possible. Enhancements will be added later.<br/>
--- Create the stylesheet yourself and check if it matches the one below or simply
--- copy and paste.</p>
---
--- <p>[TODO:<br/>
--- - create xsl files that transform the xml<br/>
--- - explain about pipelines (enough to understand why there are different xsl
--- files)<br/>
--- - create a minor sitemap.xmap<br/>
--- - run cocoon -&gt; test (only 2 pages, no menu, no language switch, only through
--- URL modification)<br/>
--- ]</p>
---

Fields