cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Trivial Update of "CocoonFormsLibraryProject" by MaxPfingsthorn
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:54:52 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by MaxPfingsthorn:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonFormsLibraryProject

  '''Project Details'''

- The project will mostly be contained within the Cocoon Forms formmodel class heirachy. After
some inspection of the current code and code which already very basically implements parts
of this feature (available at [http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/forms/ SVN
Whiteboard], implements only the library loading part within an outdated CForms framework),
I come to the conclusion that there should be a separate component to store library definitions
which are kept in memory (maybe in a LRUMap commonly used for Last-Recently-Used chaches)
and provide definition objects of the widgets that are referenced in form definitions. As
some kind of inheritance of widgets is required, which is still to be designed and implemented,
the general WidgetDefinitionBuilder heirarchy has to be extended to allow for overriding parameters
in a given definition of the same kind.
+ The project will mostly be contained within the Cocoon Forms formmodel class heirachy. After
some inspection of the current code and code which already very basically implements parts
of this feature (available at [http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/forms/ SVN
Whiteboard], implements only the library loading part within an outdated CForms framework),
I come to the conclusion that there should be a separate component to store library definitions
which are kept in memory (maybe in a LRUMap commonly used for Last-Recently-Used caches) and
provide definition objects of the widgets that are referenced in form definitions. As some
kind of inheritance of widgets is required, which is still to be designed and implemented,
the general WidgetDefinitionBuilder heirarchy has to be extended to allow for overriding parameters
in a given definition of the same kind.

  The project will start with an evaluation of the currently available very basic and partial
implementation. It will then progress to the design and coding of the missing and to-be-updated
parts. Finally, I will throughly test and evaluate my contributions as well as CForms itself
and include user documentation.