cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "SylvainWallez" by SylvainWallez
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:17:26 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SylvainWallez:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SylvainWallez

- Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Cocoon wiki !
-
- Want to know more about me? Visit my [http://people.apache.org/~sylvain/ Apache home page]
and my [http://www.anyware-tech.com weblog]
+ Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Cocoon wiki! Want to know more about me? Visit
my [http://people.apache.org/~sylvain/ Apache home page] and my [http://www.anyware-tech.com
weblog]

  = Cocoon wishlist =
  Here's a dump of random ideas that pop in my head about Cocoon. Ideas come and go, and good
ones sometimes get lost before coming back later. So here they are, both as a personal reminder
and for you to pick them for discussion and/or implementation.
@@ -12, +10 @@

  === Styling as attributes of <ft:widget> ===
  Having to open a <ft:widget> and add a <fi:styling> for a simple attribute as
type="textarea" is cumbersome. In the template language implementation (both jx and transformer),
automatically create a <fi:styling> if <ft:widget> has some "foreign" attributes.
  E.g:
+ {{{
- {{{<ft:widget id="foo" type="textarea" cols="80" rows="30"/>}}}
+ <ft:widget id="foo" type="textarea" cols="80" rows="30"/>
+ }}}
  Will be equivalent to:
+ {{{
- {{{<ft:widget id="foo">
+ <ft:widget id="foo">
    <fi:styling type="textarea" cols="80" rows="30"/>
- </ft:widget>}}}
+ </ft:widget>
+ }}}

  === Automatic <ft:continuation-id> ===
@@ -24, +26 @@

  === Easier access to resources in jar ===
  CForms and the BrowserUpdateTransformer (which is available in the core) come with client-side
resources (js, css, gifs, etc) stored in jars. To ease access to these resources, define a
naming convention allowing a generic pipeline in the root sitemap:
+ {{{
- {{{<map:match pattern="system/*/**">
+ <map:match pattern="system/*/**">
    <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
- </map:match>}}}
+ </map:match>
+ }}}

  Maybe also use the resource-exists action to allow local override in context://resources/{1}/{2}.