cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Trivial Update of "AndromdaAndCocoon" by SebastienArbogast
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 14:53:00 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SebastienArbogast:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AndromdaAndCocoon

   * [http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.html Data
Access Object pattern]
   * [http://www.service-architecture.com/object-relational-mapping/articles/index.html Object-Relational
Mapping (ORM)]

- Finally we are gonna use Maven intensively (AndroMDA is mainly a Maven plugin) so you're
expected to know of it (and if you don't believe me it's worth the time to learn) and have
a working installation of Maven 1. You should also install the Community Edition of [http://www.magicdraw.com
MagicDraw] (version 9.5) because, even if AndroMDA can work with any UML design tool capable
of exporting '''standard''' XMI (and I insist on '''standard''', because I've tried a few
like Borland Together which exports in XMI but it's not standard at all), it's preferable
to use the same as the one they use internally. They used to work with [http://www.gentleware.com/index.php
Poseidon] and it's likely to be very compatible with AndroMDA but I find the interface of
MagicDraw so much easier to use. Anyway from now I'll assume you'll work with MagicDraw.
+ Finally we are gonna use Maven intensively (AndroMDA is mainly a Maven plugin) so you're
expected to know of it (and if you don't, believe me it's worth the time to learn) and have
a working installation of Maven 1. You should also install the Community Edition of [http://www.magicdraw.com
MagicDraw] (version 9.5) because, even if AndroMDA can work with any UML design tool capable
of exporting '''standard''' XMI (and I insist on '''standard''', because I've tried a few
like Borland Together which exports in XMI but it's not standard at all), it's preferable
to use the same as the one they use internally. They used to work with [http://www.gentleware.com/index.php
Poseidon] and it's likely to be very compatible with AndroMDA but I find the interface of
MagicDraw so much easier to use. Anyway from now I'll assume you'll work with MagicDraw.

  That's it ! We are ready to begin now...