cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "Blockathon" by ReinhardPoetz
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:05:38 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by ReinhardPoetz:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blockathon

New page:
We already had a [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111233766405993&w=2
poll] whether we want a special Cocoon Hackathon at the [http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html
ApacheCon]. There seems to be a large [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111233774800002&r=1&w=2
interest], but the question now is, if we want dedicate this event explicitly to the development
of [wiki:Blocks Blocks].

'''Advantages'''

 * many developers are already there (lower travelling cost)
 * we might use available infrastructure (although I'm not sure if it is already there at
the weekend before)

'''Disadvantages'''

 * if all attending devleopers want to follow the same goal (--> Blocks), some coordination
is required. IMO this means that we have the need of a person that takes care for the working
process. This is not in the sense of a usual Hackathon (bug hunting, work on new ideas, ...).
 * the [http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html ApacheCon] sessions and tutorials
are spread over five days (see below). If we start on Saturday before means staying 7 consecutive
days in Stuttgart.
 * the [http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html ApacheCon] collides with holiday
time (July!)

The '''questions''' now are:
 * Do we want to have the Blockathon around the [http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html
ApacheCon]?
 * When do people have time?
 * In the case of a separate event, can you provide the necessary infrastructure (room, flipcharts,
wifi, ...)? If yes, where?

== Poll ==

Please fill in this poll. The proposed "extra events" are weekends, always from Friday to
Sunday. The pre [http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html ApacheCon] event would
start at Saturday and would end on Thuesday.

|| name || one/two events || infrastructure || 16.7. - 18.7. ([http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html
ApacheCon]) || 3.6. - 5.6. || 10.6. - 12.6. || 17.6. - 19.6. ||
|| ReinhardPoetz || two extra events || maybe something in co-operation with the [http://www.tuwien.ac.at/
Vienna University of Technology] but haven't asked yet|| +0 || +1 || +1 || +1 ||

== Overview of the ApacheCon's schedule ==
|| date || program ||
|| Sat, 16.7. || - ||
|| Son, 17.7. || - ||
|| Mon, 18.7. || Tutorials ||
|| Tue, 19.7. || Tutorials, official Hackathon ||
|| Wed, 20.7. || Tutorials, official Hackathon ||
|| Thu, 21.7. || Sessions, official Hackathon ||
|| Fri, 22.7. || Sessions, official Hackathon ||
|| Sat, 23.7. || - ||
|| Son, 24.7. || - ||