cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Cocoon Wiki] Update of "HtmlToXsltExperiments" by AntonioGallardo
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 05:56:50 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AntonioGallardo:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HtmlToXsltExperiments

The comment on the change is:
Fix link

  = Converting HTML to XSLT for easier templating =
  After all the recent discussions  on easier templating, here's an experiment based on [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110246247525208&w=2
Conal Tuohy's html-to-xslt transform] (mucho thanks Conal), enhanced with ''template rules''
which make it easy to process elements without knowing where they appear in the input (like
xsl:templates, which is what they are converted to).

- The use case is the conversion of one of our xdoc files, I tried with our userdocs/forms/binding.xml
document as an example input (find it [http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/forms/binding.xml
here]) and the results are pretty decent already, although the HTML template is very easy
to understand.
+ The use case is the conversion of one of our xdoc files, I tried with our userdocs/forms/binding.xml
document as an example input (find it [http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/forms/binding.xml
here]) and the results are pretty decent already, although the HTML template is very easy
to understand.

  This would be applicable to any output format, not only HTML.