cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Almino Malaza Jr." <almino.malaza...@gmail.com>
Subject howto-explore-samples:
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:43:53 GMT
hello guys,

i don't know if you can help me but i did everything about how to
install cocoon 2.1.6 and still i could not get to
http://localhost/cocoon... ok i know that tomcat is on port 8080 but i
changed that to port 80, this should also work supposedly ot
theoretically  i think but i still won't get anything after following
all the instructions.

any way let me try to trace what i did hope you guys can figure out
where i did wrong.

1. unpacked the cocoon 2.1.6 to tomcat's webapp folder
2. copied the neccessary files to like that of xerces, xalan,xml  to the
tomcat's common/endorsed folder
3. opende the build.bat which opened a command line and opened
cocoon.bat which suddenly did some compiling.

this is the best that i can rmember on what i did, and when i accessed
'http://localhost/cocoon/' nothing happens

do i need to reset tomcat to its previous settings like that of its
port. where doi unpack the zipped cocoon file.

the instructions that you have here have been very confusing i really
wanted to learn cocoon because i believe the future is on this one.

i know this not a help desk or something, but maybe you guys should do
something about this install instructions of yours, i mean never had
problem with tomcat or even apache web server.

thanks guys.

al