cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] People HTMLTidy .NET Manfred WoodyScratchpad HowTos Fri Jun 18 16:00:10 2004
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:00:11 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People , version: 313 on Thu Jun 18 13:11:10
2004 by Manfred

+ * [Manfred Weigel|Manfred] -- Cocoon User based in vienna, into portal and multichannel

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HTMLTidy , version: 5 on Thu Jun 18 13:07:30
2004 by AndrewCates

- A means to take badly formed HTML markup and generate well-formed XHTML.
? ^

+ HTMLTidy is a means to take badly formed HTML markup and generate well-formed XHTML.
? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=.NET , version: 6 on Thu Jun 18 13:38:26 2004
by AndrewCates

- Microsoft's answer to [Java]
+ Microsoft's "answer" to [Java]
?             +      +

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Manfred , version: 5 on Thu Jun 18 13:12:09
2004 by Manfred

- My name is [Manfred Weigel|mailto:manfred.weigel@rzb.at], and I am working with Cocoon for
over two years now.
?
   ^^ ^^^^^

+ My name is [Manfred Weigel|mailto:manfred.weigel@rzb.at], and I am working with Cocoon for
three years now.
?
   ^^^ ^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyScratchpad , version: 22 on Thu Jun 18
14:06:55 2004 by TimLarson

+ Here are some options/stages we could use on the way to masks:
+
+   Hacky, but we get full control now with no changes to CForms:
+     For each piece of data that needs to be controlled, make a set
+     of widgets wrapped in a union, and use flowscript, java or
+     widget event code to copy data between these widgets when
+     switching between "union" cases, to make them roughly simulate
+     one controllable widget.  If we have code that reacts to
+     valueChanged events we would of course have to filter out the
+     events that are caused by copying values between these widgets.
+
+   Clean, procedural, requires light changes to CForms codebase:
+     Modify CForms to make more attributes dynamically controllable.
+     Then we can make calls from flowscript, java, or widget event
+     code to change the attributes at runtime, with no need for
+     "unions" or for using sets of widgets to simulate more flexible
+     widgets.
+
+   Clean, declarative, requires medium changes to CForms:
+     The "masks" idea presented earlier.  This builds on the changes
+     listed above (making more attributes dynamically controllable),
+     by providing a way to specify the changes via masks encoded as
+     XML fragments.  This would involve creating the XML mask syntax,
+     and making classes that would build and execute mask objects
+     based on XML fragments that are written in this syntax.  This
+     would allow us to dynamically apply masks that we processed
+     via XSLT, as well as masks that we defined statically in our
+     form model files.
+
+ Here is a sample set of "masks", using some plausible syntax.
+ We would define our widgets normally in our form model, and
+ then also either include these mask in our form model or supply
+ them via a pipeline where we do our XSLT or other processing.
+ Note that none of this is coded yet, this is just a proposal:
+
+ {{{
+   <mask id="make-stuff-editable">
+     <!-- ...and if it does not exist yet, create it. -->
+     <widget id="someWidget" exist="true" mode="edit"/>
+     <widget id="someOtherWidget" mode="edit"/>
+   </mask>
+   <mask id="and-now-change-it-again">
+     <widget id="someWidget" exist="true" mode="read"/>
+     <!-- Don't need "exist" because this widget is static. -->
+     <widget id="someOtherWidget" mode="hide"/>
+   </mask>
+   <mask id="remove-that-widget">
+     <!-- If widgets exists, delete it, otherwise do nothing -->
+     <widget id="somewidget" exist="false"/>
+   </mask>
+ }}}
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowTos , version: 170 on Thu Jun 18 13:10:39
2004 by AndrewCates

- Quick HOW-TO documents to get to grips with particular chunks of functionality (in strict
alphabetical order), grouped into some broad categories.
+ Quick HOW-TO documents to get to grips with particular chunks of functionality (in strict(-ish)
alphabetical order), grouped into some broad categories.
?
 ++++++

+
+ * __[CInclude|Using CInclude]__ -- How to use CInclude to include dynamic content to your
pages.
-
- * __[CInclude|Using CInclude]__ -- How to use CInclude to include dynamic content to your
pages.
- * __[Recipes]__ --  Code samples in a Problem/Solution approach (upload files, ...)--
-
+
+ * __[Recipes]__ --  Code samples in a Problem/Solution approach (upload files, ...)--