cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] CocoonPerformance WoodySyntaxUpdateForWidgetsElement LenyaUserMeetingSpain2004Comments OlivierLange StoreComponents Mon May 17 18:00:06 2004
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 16:00:06 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonPerformance , version: 17 on Sun May 17
15:05:46 2004 by SylvainWallez

+ *See also [StoreComponents].

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodySyntaxUpdateForWidgetsElement , version:
4 on Sun May 17 15:54:58 2004 by 80.138.168.122

- http-link-to-www.hakdata.de
+ [Suchmaschinenranking|http-link-to-www.hakdata.de]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUserMeetingSpain2004Comments , version:
30 on Sun May 17 15:59:58 2004 by Scherler

- That is perfectly alright with me! I will speak in spanish or in english (I think german
is not an alternativ ;-)). Anyway, some things I may only know in english but I think that
would be alright! At work I have to speak as well all day spanish!\\
?                                      ^^ ^

+ That is perfectly alright with me! I am able to speak in spanish or in english their both
not my native languages (I think german is not an alternativ ;-)). Anyway, some things I may
only know in english but I think that would be alright! At work I have to speak as well all
day spanish! I think the meeting HAVE TO BE in castellano, you are all native e yo un puto
guiri ;-)\\
?                                      ^^^^^ ^^^^                               +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                                                                                   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OlivierLange , version: 13 on Sun May 17 15:23:37
2004 by OlivierLange

- I am using a model of visual components and navigation building blocks called XPage, to
integrate different applications and datasources. It's basically a DTD I synthetised from
many other DTD's, a kind of xdocs applied at datasets and information space navigation, providing
a unified and clean user experience for a variety of presentation tasks.
?                                          ^^             ---------

                                                                                      ^
    ^^^           ----------     ^^^  ^   ^

+ I am using a model of visual components (tabular list, matrix, navigation blocks, metadata,
page enveloppe) called XPage, to integrate different applications and datasources (ASP, PHP,
Python, XSL). It's basically a DTD I synthetised from many other DTD's, a kind of xdocs applied
at datasets and information space navigation. It provides a unified user interface accross
heterogeneous applications, for a variety of presentation tasks.
?                                         ++ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                                                 ++++++++++++++++++++++++

                                     ^^^^       ^^                ^^^  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 ++++++++++ ^^^^^^^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StoreComponents , version: 1 on Sun May 17 15:24:04
2004 by SylvainWallez

New page created:
+ To keep cached data, Cocoon uses components implementing the {{org.apache.excalibur.Store}}
interface. Cocoon uses two implementations of this interface, the "transient store" and the
"store", and optionnally a third one, the "persistent store".
+
+ !!Transient store
+ The transient store (role {{Store.TRANSIENT_STORE}}) is used for objects that are not serializable,
or whose storage doesn't make sense across server restart. The transient store lives on its
own and has no relation with other stores. This is a mandatory component within Cocoon (i.e.
used by Cocoon's code).
+
+ Cocoon uses the transient store to cache XSLT style sheets, XSP logicsheets, etc.
+
+ !!Store (aka "main Store")
+ The store (role Store.ROLE) is used to store objects that are serializable. As the transient
store, it is a mandatory component. For efficiency reasons, implementations of the main store
should keep most-often used objects in memory and swap older ones to disk.
+
+ Cocoon uses the main store to cache pipeline output.
+
+ !!Persistent store (optional)
+ Some store (Store.ROLE) implementations (but not all) may actually be just an in-memory
cache that swap objects by calling the persistent store (Store.PERSISTENT_STORE) when needed.
So the persistent store is an __optional__ component which is used only by MRUMemoryStore,
and __nowhere else__ in the code.
+
+ Two examples to illustrate this:
+ * when using JISP, we had this mechanism : the store was a MRUMemoryStore swapping to the
persistent store which was a JISPStore.
+ * JCS has its own in-memory front end to its own persistent storage. In this configuration
Store.ROLE will be a JCSStore and Store.PERSISTENT_STORE will have no implementation, because
we don't need it.
+
+ !!To sum up :
+ * Store.TRANSIENT_STORE : used by Cocoon to store non-serializable objects
+ * Store.ROLE : used by Cocoon to store serializable objects
+ * Store.PERSISTENT_STORE : optional component that may be used by in-memory implementations
of Store.ROLE to delegate persistent storage.
+
+ -- [SylvainWallez]
+