cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] Xindice XMLIndiceCocoon2.1 Main XindiceLogicsheet XMLDBTransformer Sun Feb 8 19:00:08 2004
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:00:08 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Xindice , version: 1 on Sun Feb  8 17:59:22 2004
by Vadim

New page created:
+ [Apache Xindice|http://xml.apache.org/xindice/] is the native XML database from [The Apache
XML Project|http://xml.apache.org/]. Xindice is written in Java, and provides [XML:DB|http://www.xmldb.org/],
[XML-RPC|http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/], and Embedded APIs.
+
+ !Xindice Links
+
+ * [Xindice Wiki|http://wiki.apache.org/xindice]
+ * [Using Xindice in Cocoon|XMLIndiceCocoon2.1]
+ * [XindiceLogicsheet]
+ * [XMLDBTransformer]
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XMLIndiceCocoon2.1 , version: 9 on Sun Feb
8 18:00:08 2004 by Vadim

- Integration of [XML:DB|http://www.xmldb.org] into cocoon has slightly changed since 2.0
and is now quite more simple than before. The below description is even the complicated one,
i.e. doing it by hand or having the [XIndice|http://xml.apache.org/xindice/] database independent
on Cocoon, i.e. standalone mode.
?

                                         ------------------------------      -

+ Integration of [XML:DB|http://www.xmldb.org] into cocoon has slightly changed since 2.0
and is now quite more simple than before. The below description is even the complicated one,
i.e. doing it by hand or having the [Xindice] database independent on Cocoon, i.e. standalone
mode.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Main , version: 336 on Sun Feb  8 18:11:02 2004
by Vadim

+ * February 8, 2004
+ ** [Xindice] ''-- [Vadim]''
- * Januari 26, 2004
?         ^

+ * January 26, 2004
?         ^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XindiceLogicsheet , version: 7 on Sun Feb  8
18:00:58 2004 by Vadim

- I've read lots of messsages of people with problems making Xindice work with Cocoon. I succeded
and I could even make a logicsheet work with Xindice. It takes some time but if you follow
the steps below carefully you should get a working Xindice in Cocoon through the pseudo protocol
and the mentioned logicsheet.
+ I've read lots of messsages of people with problems making [Xindice] work with Cocoon. I
succeded and I could even make a logicsheet work with Xindice. It takes some time but if you
follow the steps below carefully you should get a working Xindice in Cocoon through the pseudo
protocol and the mentioned logicsheet.
?                                                            +       +

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XMLDBTransformer , version: 6 on Sun Feb  8
18:09:10 2004 by Vadim

- The XMLDBTransformer comes with the xmldb block.
+ The XMLDBTransformer comes with the xmldb block and allows to perform operations on any
XML:DB database:
+ * Create Collection
+ * Create Document
+ * Update Document
+ * Delete Document
- Here's a sitemap snippet that configures a transformer named {{xmldb}} that connects to
[Xindice|http://xml.apache.org/xindice/] running on the local host.
?
        -------------------------------                           ^

+ Here's a sitemap snippet that configures a transformer named {{xmldb}} that connects to
[Xindice] running on the local host:
?
                                   ^

-       <map:transformers default="xslt">
? ------

+ <map:transformers default="xslt">
- 	<map:transformer name="xmldb" src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XMLDBTransformer">
? ^

+   <map:transformer name="xmldb" src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XMLDBTransformer">
? ^^

- 	  <driver>org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl</driver>
? ^

+     <driver>org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl</driver>
? ^^

- 	  <base>xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db</base>
? ^                                  -- ^

+     <base>xmldb:xindice://localhost:8888/db</base>
? ^^                                   ^^^

+   </map:transformer>
+   ...
- 	</map:transformer>
? -

+ </map:transformers>
?                  +

-         ...
-       </map:transformers>
- See [example|http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/XMLDBTransformer.html]
+ __NOTE:__ Xindice 1.0 uses port 4080, Xindice 1.1 running on embedded Jetty uses port 8888,
Xindice installed on Tomcat or some other servlet engine will be using port number of this
servlet engine, usually, 8080.
- You will also need to copy {{xindice.jar}} from the Xindice distribution to a directory
where __Cocoon__ can find it (e.g. {{build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib}}).
+ See [Javadoc|http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/XMLDBTransformer.html]
and [populate.xml|http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xmldb/samples/populate.xml?view=auto]
for examples of using the transformer.
+ Cocoon 2.1.4 has a copy of {{xindice-1.1b3.jar}} bundled into the distribution. If you use
different Xindice version, replace this jar with the version you need from the Xindice distribution.
+