cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] Steph Sat Jan 24 17:00:03 2004
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Steph , version: 1 on Sat Jan 24 15:59:25 2004
by Steph

New page created:
+ Howto use a PostgreSQL database containing images (store and retrieve).
+
+
+ In this example, images are stored in a database, in the table images:
+
+   Colonne | Type  | Modifications
+ ---------+-------+---------------
+  imgname | text  |
+  img     | bytea |
+
+
+ The type bytea stands for byte array.
+
+ 1) How to store an image
+
+ As I don't know cocoon so well I decided to wrote a little program in JAVA which will be
able to do this for me.
+ I choose java because I wanted to know how to use JDBC.
+
+  ! Why not doing it simply with "insert into images values ....." ?
+
+ An image is composed of a lot of bytes, so you won't do "INSRT INTOimages values
+