cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] Doco Tue Jan 13 05:00:04 2004
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:00:05 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Doco , version: 16 on Tue Jan 13 03:16:37 2004
by Con

- [Con]: [TopicMaps|http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/#conceptualmodel] are designed precisely
for this. Forrest has a similar idea with a separate map of topics.
?
                                                                       -

+ [Con]: [TopicMaps|http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/#conceptualmodel] are designed precisely
for this. Forrest has a similar idea with a separate map of topics.
+ The source documents for the topic map could be a variety of things, XHTML docs containing
lists, UML class diagrams drawn in [dia|http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/], harvested metadata,
or anything, and transformed into [XTM|http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/] (the standard XML
syntax for Topic Maps). These could then be merged to create a complete map.
+
- From the [ISO/IEC 13250 spec|http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0129.pdf] (a huge
PDF, so I'll quote the entire section on "scope", rather verbosely):
+ From the [ISO/IEC 13250 Topic Maps spec|http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0129.pdf]
(a huge PDF, so I'll quote the entire section on "scope", rather verbosely):