cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] Links Woody CocoonFormsJSF CocoonCompared ProjectBuilding Sat Nov 22 14:00:06 2003
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:00:07 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Links , version: 64 on Sat Nov 22 12:58:02 2003
by ReinhardPoetz

-
+ *[Enterprise Application Integration using Apache Cocoon 2.1|http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/11/12/cocoon-eai.html]
by [Tony Culshaw|http://www.xml.com/pub/au/220]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Woody , version: 24 on Sat Nov 22 12:19:27 2003
by ReinhardPoetz

+ * Comparisions with similar technologies
+ ** [JavaServerFaces (JSF)|CocoonForms-JSF] (summary of an offlist discussion between [Sylvain|SylvainWallez]
and [Reinhard|ReinhardPoetz])
+ ** [XMLForm and Woody|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105881304808076&w=2]
(by [Sylvain|SylvainWallez])

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsJSF , version: 2 on Sat Nov 22 13:00:45
2003 by SylvainWallez

+ validation, etc) and server-side event handlers (mainly the fact that events have to be
buffered until the end of a processing phase to ensure consistency of the form model).
- validation, etc) and maybe server-side event handlers (I haven't
- investigated too much in JSF events since the solution I came to in
- Woody looked very satisfying).

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompared , version: 14 on Sat Nov 22 12:49:45
2003 by ReinhardPoetz

+
+ * [CocoonForms compared with JSF|CocoonFormsJSF]
+
+ * [Cocoon Control Flow (MVC+) vs MVC (like Struts)|http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/apachecon2003/]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ProjectBuilding , version: 10 on Sat Nov 22
12:42:39 2003 by JeremyQuinn

+ * each developer checks out Cocoon from CVS and builds it {{{./build.sh webapp}}}
- * each developer checks out Cocoon from CVS and builds it {{{./build.sh webapp}}} and sets
the Environment Variable: {{{export COCOON_HOME=~/Development/Checkouts/Apache/cocoon-2.1}}}
or equivalent
?                 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

+ * each developer sets the Environment Variable: {{{export COCOON_HOME=~/Development/Checkouts/Apache/cocoon-2.1}}}
or equivalent
+   <property environment="env"/>
+   <echo message="${now}: Building '${project.mount}' into ${cocoon.webapp.home}"/>
-     replace-properties="true">
+     >
- cocoon=${COCOON_HOME}
+ cocoon=${env.COCOON_HOME}
?          ++++

- I suspect there is a better way to pick up the {{$COCOON_HOME}} environment variable, but
currently we are sending it through via our {{build.sh}} script, by placing this parameter
in the call to Ant {{{-DCOCOON_HOME=$COCOON_HOME}}}
-
- I believe one of the issues we need to deal with is to find a way to make the {{build.xml}}
file work when it is called directly from Ant, rather than by invoking {{build.sh}}. We need
to find the right way to setup the {{java.endorsed.dirs}} parameter and copy the {{$COCOON_HOME}}
environment variable.
?

+ I believe one of the issues we need to deal with is to find a way to make the {{build.xml}}
file work when it is called directly from Ant, rather than by invoking {{build.sh}}. We need
to find the right way to setup the {{java.endorsed.dirs}} parameter..
?

                                                                          ^

+ ----
+ 2003-11-22 Updated [JQ|JeremyQuinn]: Now using Ant's built-in ability to retrieve Environment
Variables, thanks to a suggestion by [Upayavira| Upayavira].
+