cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] SandBox Profiling CocoonUserGroupSwitzerland CocoonUserGroupParis Thu Nov 13 13:00:17 2003
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:00:18 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SandBox , version: 196 on Thu Nov 13 11:10:19
2003 by JoergHeinicke

-
- tralala
-
- Da derp de derp a teelelly derp de dum
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- This whole cocoon thing is a tragic example of a gigantic edifice achieving nothing
- ......Tower of Babel anyone?
-
- I came here because I had a simple aim: to write Excel from Java....
- I quickly found HSSF which is in POI (why?) so I downloaded the POI bloat....
- HSSF may even work.. over on the HSSF page they have departed, leaving a message
- saying they have moved to Cocoon. This is a calamity.....
- Arriving at cocoon you can easily spend an hour wallowing in the
- crud, until you realise that its all XML, there is no Java to Excel......
- well XML may be very nice, (DLL and COM objects sounded nice when you first heard about
them)
- But my reaction to the cocoon blathering site(s) is to retch and depart
- [underkl├Ąder|http://www.underwear.se]
- [and this wiki stuff is Less useful than a newsgroup and more bloated,
- requires me to learn a whole new suite of crapola, .... no thanks
-
- the sole simple example I have seen so far for HSSF  so absurd as to make me weep...
- the chap actually gives each row a separate new variable, and leaves the write to the end
- Hasnt he heard of buffered output? ...
- 30 years ago anyone could have told him, ...
- write a row at a time knucklehead...
-
- I am still reeling from the shocks this whole experience has dealt me
-

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Profiling , version: 5 on Thu Nov 13 11:25:13
2003 by Mfonsen

- add the necessary pipeline __components__ (sitemap.xmap)
+ add the necessary pipeline __components__ (sitemap.xmap) [2]
?                                                         ++++

+ [#2] : In 2.1.2 this element seems to be map:pipes (instead of map:pipelines) -- [Mfonsen]
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonUserGroupSwitzerland , version: 41 on
Thu Nov 13 11:39:16 2003 by MichaelWechner

- Maybe we could use it for blog, makes sense?
+ Maybe we could use it for blogging, makes sense?

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonUserGroupParis , version: 8 on Thu Nov
13 11:30:35 2003 by SylvainWallez

+ Please also indicate your preferences between 26th and 27th November.
+
- * [Sylvain Wallez|SylvainWallez]
+ * [Sylvain Wallez|SylvainWallez] (26 or 27)