cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] WoodySyntaxUpdateForWidgetsElement WoodyWidgetReference Woody WoodySample DaveBrondsema Sat Nov 1 22:00:06 2003
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:00:06 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodySyntaxUpdateForWidgetsElement , version:
1 on Sat Nov  1 20:31:08 2003 by BrunoDumon

New page created:
+ Starting from 1/1/2003, or Cocoon releases > 2.1.2, the following change is required
to all your form definition files.
+
+ In the form definition, for widgets that have child widgets, those child widgets should
now be embedded inside a __wd:widgets__ element.
+
+ Here's what practically needs to be done:
+
+ A form definition that previously looked like this:
+
+ {{{
+ <wd:form>
+   <wd:field .../>
+   <wd:field .../>
+   <wd:repeater .../>
+ </wd:form>
+ }}}
+
+ should now become:
+
+ {{{
+ <wd:form>
+   <wd:widgets>
+     <wd:field .../>
+     <wd:field .../>
+     <wd:repeater .../>
+   </wd:widgets>
+ </wd:form>
+ }}}
+
+ The same is true for the repeater widget:
+
+ {{{
+ <wd:repeater>
+   <wd:field .../>
+   <wd:field .../>
+ </wd:repeater>
+ }}}
+
+ becomes
+
+ {{{
+ <wd:repeater>
+   <wd:widgets>
+     <wd:field .../>
+     <wd:field .../>
+   <wd:widgets>
+ </wd:repeater>
+ }}}
+
+ The aggregatefield widget had already a container tag, but it was called wd:children. It
should now be renamed to wd:widgets.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyWidgetReference , version: 3 on Sat Nov
 1 20:43:33 2003 by BrunoDumon

+
+ __Note__: value-changed-events require that the form instance is stored serverside (because
otherwise Woody doesn't know what the previous values of the fields were). This is automatically
the case when you use flowscript. If you don't use flowscript you could store the form instance
in e.g. the session.
+   <wd:widgets>
-   [...]
+     [...]
? ++

+   </wd:widgets>
- The repeater element should contain a number of other widgets
?     ^ --- ^^

+ The wd:widgets element should contain a number of other widgets
?     ^^^^^^^  ^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Woody , version: 12 on Sat Nov  1 20:57:18 2003
by BrunoDumon

- 1/11/2003:
?          ^

+ [[1/11/2003]
? ++         ^

+ * (Sylvain/Ugo) Selection list implementations are now pluggable. Next to the default one
there's now a new one which allows to use data passed on from a flowscript.
+ * (Sylvain) Added support for wd:hint and wd:help
+ * Bruno:
+ ** Brought FormHandler back to live, it can now handle all events, and the interface moved
to the events subpackage.
+ ** Added docs on event handling and did some updates to the other docs
+ * and the usual bag of fixes and small changes
- Some Woody news as of 18/10/2003:
+
+ [[18/10/2003]
- Older news:
+ [[Older]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodySample , version: 17 on Sat Nov  1 20:37:50
2003 by BrunoDumon

+   <wd:widgets>
-   <wd:field id="name" required="true">
+     <wd:field id="name" required="true">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Name:</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Name:</wd:label>
? ++

-     <wd:datatype base="string">
+       <wd:datatype base="string">
? ++

-       <wd:validation>
+         <wd:validation>
? ++

-         <wd:length min="2"/>
+           <wd:length min="2"/>
? ++

-       </wd:validation>
+         </wd:validation>
? ++

-     </wd:datatype>
+       </wd:datatype>
? ++

-   </wd:field>
+     </wd:field>
? ++

-   <wd:field id="email" required="true">
+     <wd:field id="email" required="true">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Email address:</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Email address:</wd:label>
? ++

-     <wd:datatype base="string">
+       <wd:datatype base="string">
? ++

-       <wd:validation>
+         <wd:validation>
? ++

-         <wd:email/>
+           <wd:email/>
? ++

-       </wd:validation>
+         </wd:validation>
? ++

-     </wd:datatype>
+       </wd:datatype>
? ++

-   </wd:field>
+     </wd:field>
? ++

-   <wd:field id="age">
+     <wd:field id="age">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Your age:</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Your age:</wd:label>
? ++

-     <wd:datatype base="long">
+       <wd:datatype base="long">
? ++

-       <wd:validation>
+         <wd:validation>
? ++

-         <wd:range min="0" max="150"/>
+           <wd:range min="0" max="150"/>
? ++

-       </wd:validation>
+         </wd:validation>
? ++

-     </wd:datatype>
+       </wd:datatype>
? ++

-   </wd:field>
+     </wd:field>
? ++

-   <wd:field id="password" required="true">
+     <wd:field id="password" required="true">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Password:</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Password:</wd:label>
? ++

-     <wd:datatype base="string">
+       <wd:datatype base="string">
? ++

-       <wd:validation>
+         <wd:validation>
? ++

-         <wd:length min="5" max="20"/>
+           <wd:length min="5" max="20"/>
? ++

-       </wd:validation>
+         </wd:validation>
? ++

-     </wd:datatype>
+       </wd:datatype>
? ++

-   </wd:field>
+     </wd:field>
? ++

-   <wd:field id="confirmPassword" required="true">
+     <wd:field id="confirmPassword" required="true">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Re-enter password:</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Re-enter password:</wd:label>
? ++

-     <wd:datatype base="string">
+       <wd:datatype base="string">
? ++

-       <wd:validation>
+         <wd:validation>
? ++

-         <wd:assert test="password = confirmPassword">
+           <wd:assert test="password = confirmPassword">
? ++

-           <wd:failmessage>The two passwords are not equal.</wd:failmessage>
+             <wd:failmessage>The two passwords are not equal.</wd:failmessage>
? ++

-         </wd:assert>
+           </wd:assert>
? ++

-       </wd:validation>
+         </wd:validation>
? ++

-     </wd:datatype>
+       </wd:datatype>
? ++

-   </wd:field>
+     </wd:field>
? ++

-   <wd:booleanfield id="spam">
+     <wd:booleanfield id="spam">
? ++

-     <wd:label>Send me spam</wd:label>
+       <wd:label>Send me spam</wd:label>
? ++

-   </wd:booleanfield>
+     </wd:booleanfield>
? ++

+   </wd:widgets>

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DaveBrondsema , version: 1 on Sat Nov  1 20:34:36
2003 by DaveBrondsema

New page created:
+ I'm a [Forrest] committer, waiting to get my employer's approval to use the Apache License
for the forrest-specific development that I do.  I will be working on forrestbot and windows-specific
parts of forrest.
+
+ I am a student at [Calvin College|http://csx.calvin.edu] and am the president of the [CSX|http://csx.calvin.edu]
club and a board member of the [Abstraction|http://clubs.calvin.edu/abstraction] club.  My
personal website is at [http://www.brondsema.net/] and my programming website is at [http://www.splike.com]
 Neither use forrest yet, but I hope to convert splike.com to use internationalized forrest.
+