cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [Ann] New Documentation Structure
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:51:44 GMT
>> ...So I'd also remove any split between user and developer docs, or
>> between
>> basic and advanced topics.
>>
> Yes, definitly - this is the main task I want to do in the next weeks.
> think with the new structure this is a little bit easier than with the
> old one. For example, we had a directory under the user docs called
> concepts containing the docs for the sitemap (user and dev) etc.,,,

I'm also for having less categories in the docs.

Actually I'm wondering about the terms "users" and "developers".
Everybody who uses Cocoon has to develop something, even if it's just a
sitemap and some XSLT transforms. Maybe "writing components" would be a
better term than "developing"?

Also, the new structure made me think again about the "documentation
tracks" which were discussed a (long) while ago
(http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocumentationTracksProject). I
have started working on some examples of what Tracks can be.

Basically, Documentation Tracks are just reading lists which create
many independent ways of navigating the docs. This should make the
actual structure of the docs less important. I hope to commit my
examples tomorrow or Thursday.

-Bertrand