cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] OJBBlock BlockDescriptions Sun Sep 28 23:00:04 2003
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OJBBlock , version: 1 on Sun Sep 28 20:27:58
2003 by AntonioGallardo

New page created:
+ !!OJB Block: A O/R mapping tool.
+
+ !!Introduction
+ [Apache ObJectRelationalBridge (OJB)|http://db.apache.org/ojb] is an Object/Relational mapping
tool that allows transparent persistence for Java Objects against relational databases.
+
+ OJB has 3 methods for access to Databases:
+
+ *1. PersistentBroker
+ *2. ODMG
+ *3. JDO.
+
+ __Note:__ ''Since JDO is the recommended succesor of ODMG, we started to create samples
using JDO. Later we will build support for the other methods and create some examples of them.''
+
+ !!Location
+ The OJB Block can be found in the Cocoon 2.1 CVS repository were it resides in his own block.
+
+ !!Samples
+ The OJB samples are part of the "Block Samples", you can go directly to http://localhost:8888/samples/ojb/
.
+
+ !!JDO Samples
+
+ In order to run the JDO example, you nee:
+
+ 1. Download the [JDO libraries|http://java.sun.com/products/jdo]:
+ * jdo.jar - for the OjbStore JDORI Plugin only.
+ * jdori.jar - for the OjbStore JDORI Plugin only.
+
+ 2. Copy __jdo.jar__ and __jdori.jar__ to lib/local in your Cocoon 2.1 directory
+
+ 3. Rebuild Cocoon.
+
+ That is all!
+
+ __Note:__ ''If you don't want to recompile Cocoon, just copy the __jdo.jar__ and __jdori.jar__
jars to the WEB-INF/lib of your running Cocoon.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlockDescriptions , version: 54 on Sun Sep 28
20:01:23 2003 by AntonioGallardo

+