cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] SurvivalTips OlivierLange LeftMenu Sun Sep 7 15:00:04 2003
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:00:06 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SurvivalTips , version: 23 on Sun Sep  7 12:50:46
2003 by OlivierLange

- There is also ["Cocoon: Building XML Applications"|http://www.newriders.com/books/product.asp?product_id={C3C05052-BE3B-4E06-A60A-13FB40AF58F6}]
written by Matthem Langham and Carsten Ziegeler (New Riders publishers), which I found very
valuable and easy to read. Two samples chapters may be found online at New Riders site: [Chapter
6 "A User's Look at the Cocoon Architecture"|http://www.newriders.com/isapi/product_id~{9AC16227-6CE0-4843-9CDD-7A15AAB66A89}/articles/article.asp]
and [Chapter 11 "Designing Cocoon Applications"|http://www.newriders.com/isapi/product_id~{F923B1C7-09BA-4CC2-A0F1-DB71C1510CAA}/articles/article.asp].
Chapter 6 provides an excellent introduction and overview of Cocoon's architecture.
?

                          - ^^^^^^^^^

+ There is also ["Cocoon: Building XML Applications"|http://www.newriders.com/books/product.asp?product_id={C3C05052-BE3B-4E06-A60A-13FB40AF58F6}]
written by Matthem Langham and Carsten Ziegeler (New Riders publishers), which I found very
valuable and easy to read. Two samples chapters may be found online at New Riders site: [Chapter
6 "A User's Look at the Cocoon Architecture"|http://www.newriders.com/isapi/product_id~{9AC16227-6CE0-4843-9CDD-7A15AAB66A89}/articles/article.asp]
and [Chapter 11 "Designing Cocoon Applications"|http://www.newriders.com/isapi/product_id~{F923B1C7-09BA-4CC2-A0F1-DB71C1510CAA}/articles/article.asp].
Chapter 6 provides a good introduction and overview of Cocoon's 2.0 architecture.
?

                           ^^^^                                       ++++

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OlivierLange , version: 11 on Sun Sep  7 12:22:02
2003 by OlivierLange

- I use Cocoon for a variety of purposes, mostly from the CLI and for XHTML and PDF publishing
to websites. I love Cocoon's ability to integrate cleanly many different datasources: I used
it successfully to gather data from live PHP apps, 4D Server, LDAP directories, plain text
files, relational databases, with Python scripts and XSL to handle tricky conversions.
+ I use Cocoon for a variety of purposes, mostly from the CLI and for XHTML and PDF publishing
to websites. I love Cocoon's ability to integrate cleanly many different datasources: I used
it successfully to gather data from live PHP apps, 4D Server, LDAP directories, plain text
files, relational databases, with Python scripts and XSL to handle tricky conversions. I also
used Cocoon in combination with FOP and Batik to produce complex reports, custom fonts and
SVG graphics being very well handled.
?

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LeftMenu , version: 89 on Sun Sep  7 12:56:46
2003 by NB