cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] BlocksDefinition Blocks Sat Aug 30 09:00:08 2003
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:00:08 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlocksDefinition , version: 15 on Sat Aug 30
06:27:44 2003 by 202.187.40.8

- If the Block Manager handles the security policy for each block, defaulted to a very tight
sandbox, it is the block deployer who will ultimately decide the access. The Block documentation
contains the "Required Permissions", which can then be scrutinized by the block deployer and
granted or not.
+ If the Block Manager handles the security policy for each block, defaulted to a very tight
sandbox, it is the block deployer who will ultimately decide the access. The Block documentation
contains the "Required Permissions", which can then be scrutinized by the block deployer and
granted or not. -- Niclas Hedhman
?

                            ++++++++++++++++++

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Blocks , version: 20 on Sat Aug 30 06:01:58
2003 by 202.187.40.8

- "Block" has a connotation of "lump" -- these things are "active" and should have an "active"
name. See ["Block" @ thesaurus.com|http://www.thesaurus.com/cgi-bin/search?config=roget&words=block],
compared to for instance ["Engine"|http://www.thesaurus.com/cgi-bin/search?config=roget&words=engine].
I realise that "Block" has a meaning in electronics but it has other connotations in everyday
English that are undesirable IMHO.
+ "Block" has a connotation of "lump" -- these things are "active" and should have an "active"
name. See ["Block" @ thesaurus.com|http://www.thesaurus.com/cgi-bin/search?config=roget&words=block],
compared to for instance ["Engine"|http://www.thesaurus.com/cgi-bin/search?config=roget&words=engine].
I realise that "Block" has a meaning in electronics but it has other connotations in everyday
English that are undesirable IMHO.
?

                                                                    +

-  -- [Con]
? -

+ -- [Con]
+ In electronics "block" is not really used. The smallest building blocks (hmm?) are called
"components", which may be assembled to "modules", which may be used in "subsystems". I think
ASIC designers uses "Block" at silicon level though.
+ -- Niclas Hedhman
+