cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] XSPCapture Source Fri Aug 15 17:00:03 2003
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:00:03 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPCapture , version: 2 on Fri Aug 15 14:57:40
2003 by 212.36.181.65

+ See [api docs|http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/acting/ServerPagesAction.html]
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Source , version: 3 on Fri Aug 15 14:42:33 2003
by 130.238.83.157

- A source is a mean to access data, and makes no assumption on what kind of data it is. It
provides the low-level plumbing to access the data. That's why we have FileSource, URLSource,
BlobSource (for SQL blobs), SlideSource (for webdav), etc. There is absolutely no assumption
that data accessed using a Source is XML, nor that it can be converted to XML (e.g. gif images).
+ A source is a means to access data, and makes no assumption on what kind of data it is.
It provides the low-level plumbing to access the data. That's why we have FileSource, URLSource,
BlobSource (for SQL blobs), SlideSource (for webdav), etc. There is absolutely no assumption
that data accessed using a Source is XML, nor that it can be converted to XML (e.g. gif images).