cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] ReinhardPoetz DocsWishlist Mon Aug 4 17:00:04 2003
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ReinhardPoetz , version: 2 on Mon Aug  4 14:08:34
2003 by 62.116.51.50

- Cocoon Consulting, Training and Implementation
+ *Cocoon Consulting, Training and Implementation
? +

+ *Cocoon committer since June 2003
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocsWishlist , version: 17 on Mon Aug  4 14:08:05
2003 by 62.116.51.50

- * I'd like to see a list of Tomcat and Cocoon version numbers that work as is (i.e., use
the binary builds with no need to copy things into the Tomcat environment).
?  -

+ *I'd like to see a list of Tomcat and Cocoon version numbers that work as is (i.e., use
the binary builds with no need to copy things into the Tomcat environment).
- * I'd like to see install instructions for Cocoon on a hosted Ensim Webpplice web site [http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html].
NOTE: Ensim 3.1.1 unfortunately uses Tomcat 4.0.3 so details on how-to install any version
of Cocoon on such a hosted environment remembering that Tomcat directories won't be accessible
would be very useful; Ensim 3.1.1 is a popular choice by hosting sites to give their users
access to a Tomcat environment, so such instructions would enable more sites to use Cocoon.
?  -

+ *I'd like to see install instructions for Cocoon on a hosted Ensim Webpplice web site [http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html].
NOTE: Ensim 3.1.1 unfortunately uses Tomcat 4.0.3 so details on how-to install any version
of Cocoon on such a hosted environment remembering that Tomcat directories won't be accessible
would be very useful; Ensim 3.1.1 is a popular choice by hosting sites to give their users
access to a Tomcat environment, so such instructions would enable more sites to use Cocoon.
- * I'd like a tutorial about the collective usage of xindice - cocoon - xml:db pseudo protocol.
Add, modify, delete xindice xml documents using xml:db.
?  -

+ *I'd like a tutorial about the collective usage of xindice - cocoon - xml:db pseudo protocol.
Add, modify, delete xindice xml documents using xml:db.
- * I'd like the [DocumentationTracksProject] to be completed to make the existing documentation
more useful -- [Bertrand Delacretaz]
?  -

+ *I'd like the [DocumentationTracksProject] to be completed to make the existing documentation
more useful -- [Bertrand Delacretaz]
- * I'd like to see the [Selectors|Selector] and [Matchers|Matcher] documented. If anyone
could add an __example__ of the use of each type of [Selector] or [Matcher] it would be ''very''
helpful. -- [Con]
?  -

+ *I'd like to see the [Selectors|Selector] and [Matchers|Matcher] documented. If anyone could
add an __example__ of the use of each type of [Selector] or [Matcher] it would be ''very''
helpful. -- [Con]
- * It would be nice to have described some design patterns for [Actions|Action]. -- [Dema]
?  -

+ *It would be nice to have described some design patterns for [Actions|Action]. -- [Dema]
- * A page describing issues about Cocoon security, including sitemap issues such as utilising
"internal-only" pipelines to prevent access to important resources (e.g. see [email discussion|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104561320205671])
-- [David Crossley]
?  -

+ *A page describing issues about Cocoon security, including sitemap issues such as utilising
"internal-only" pipelines to prevent access to important resources (e.g. see [email discussion|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104561320205671])
-- [David Crossley]
- * A wish most can relate to, Make these pages fit the page, either when I hit the print
button or viewing.  How many times have you lost your thoughts while reading because you have
to scramble to find the slider and too much stress on the wrist scrolling horizontally.
?  -

+ *A wish most can relate to, Make these pages fit the page, either when I hit the print button
or viewing.  How many times have you lost your thoughts while reading because you have to
scramble to find the slider and too much stress on the wrist scrolling horizontally.
- * I'd like to see a tutorial about changing the protocol handler used in <map:mount src="..."/>
from the standard java class URL in favour of the cocoon protocol handler. I just can't understand
why the cocoon guys have chosen this implementation: in my opinion it just makes no sens in
the cocoon paradygm. -- [Cédric Vidal]
+ *I'd like to see a tutorial about changing the protocol handler used in <map:mount src="..."/>
from the
+  standard java class URL in favour of the cocoon protocol handler. I just can't understand
why the cocoon
+  guys have chosen this implementation: in my opinion it just makes no sens in the cocoon
paradygm. -- [Cédric Vidal]\\
+  [ReinhardPoetz]: The community decided not to support dynamically created sitemaps (because
of flexibilty syndrom:
+  features that are possible but without a usecase that makes them necessary)