cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Propsal] Remove author tags from docs
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:13:08 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2003 at 10:48, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > What do you think about removing the author information from
> > our docs and change it to "Cocoon community" or something like
> > that?
> >
> > I think, the author information does not really help in the docs
> > and we have docs with more than 5 authors which looks a little
> > bit strange in the rendered pages.
>
> What about just removing them from the rendered pages, but
> leaving them in the
> xdocs? It can be useful to know who wrote a page when modifying
> it, but is as you
> suggest not that useful to the user of the page.

Ok, removing them from the rendered pages would also help, but I'm
not sure what this technically means. I don't want to patch
something in forrest or each time forrest updates. If that's
not required, then I'm fine with that.

Removing the author info can also help in directing questions into
the mailing lists and not directly to the author.

Carsten