cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Propsal] Remove author tags from docs
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:25:47 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 3 juil 2003, à 10:48 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
> > What do you think about removing the author information from
> > our docs and change it to "Cocoon community" or something like
> > that?
>
> hmm...some types of documents are clearly community efforts, while some
> others have been written by one or two persons and it is often useful
> to know who.
>
> Also, crediting authors often helps in motivating people to write.

Ok, valid point.

> I'd be for keeping the author tags when possible, removing them for
> documents which have "too many" authors.

So you suggest a limit, like if there are more than three authors, it's
a community effort, right? Hmm, sounds reasonable, so should we change
all docs containing more than three authors?

But of course there is a potential problem: if someone changes a doc
and adds himself to the list of authors (even if he changes only one
line/word) then this doc will soon exceed the limit and gets a
"community" doc with the author info removed anyway. Might not be
a problem, but who knows.

Carsten