cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Redirection docs
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:31:53 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>As far as I can see, there's no mention of redirection in the xdocs. I'd like to add it

>- I'll add it to the 'concepts' page.

Please, do

> But first of all, can someone tell me what a
>'global' redirect is?

Nobody answered I will try... IIRC, this is supposed to be redirect "out
of" aggregation. Basically, when the URL is being aggregated, redirect
has two meanings:

 * usual redirect: aggregate the document specified by redirection URL
 * 'global' redirect: cancel aggregation, send redirect instead

>It'll be good to get up to speed on authoring docs - it'll mean I can knock them up
>as I see the need. (e.g. I'd like to add some CLI docs somewhere, in order to raise
>it's profile a bit).

Go ahead

Vadim