cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [Propsal] Remove author tags from docs
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:42:37 GMT
Le Jeudi, 3 juil 2003, à 15:25 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...So you suggest a limit, like if there are more than three authors,
> it's
> a community effort, right?

I'd base it more on the document type than on the number of authors.
The "updating" document that we've been working on, for example, is
clearly a community effort, whereas other documents can have several
authors who have all been contributing important and original content
and who would like to be credited.

> Hmm, sounds reasonable, so should we change
> all docs containing more than three authors?

I'd say the ones that fall into the same category as the "updating"
document.

It is hard to define precise rules I think, but what you could do if
you remove authors names is make a mail to this list (or write
[AUTHORS] in the CVS comment) so that people can complain if they'd
like their name to be re-added.

> But of course there is a potential problem: if someone changes a doc
> and adds himself to the list of authors (even if he changes only one
> line/word) then this doc will soon exceed the limit...

Right - people shouldn't add their name in authors unless they have
contributed "significantly" to the document, which is again a fairly
subjective decision.

-Bertrand