cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] FAQs Tue Jul 15 16:00:03 2003
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:00:03 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQs , version: 55 on Tue Jul 15 13:03:12 2003
by Vadim

- A:
+
+ A: You can. See welcome/welcome.xhtml from the Cocoon 2.0 demo webapp.
- A: I can say that I am using cocoon almost a year, yes I had such problem too. I used oracle
jdbc driver with oci8 connection. When I switched to thin connection I never could kill cocoon.
So you have to experiment, I am sure that this problem caused by some library, not whole cocoon.
Also it depends what operation system you use. Under Linus I didn't have problem at all.
+ A1: I can say that I am using cocoon almost a year, yes I had such problem too. I used oracle
jdbc driver with oci8 connection. When I switched to thin connection I never could kill cocoon.
So you have to experiment, I am sure that this problem caused by some library, not whole cocoon.
Also it depends what operation system you use. Under Linus I didn't have problem at all.
?  +

+
+ A2: Define ''kill''. You should understand that by doing so you create lots of
+ connections to the server and you abruptly terminate them. Server does not know this
+ and can detect it when writing a response back. If response takes time and/or memory
+ to process, then application might not be available or might crash because of
+ OutOfMemory.