cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Outdated wiki pages
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:11:40 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Are these still relevant?
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToForrestTransition
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ForrestProposal

I think yes - they are still relevant. They had many purposes.

One big thing was to convert all of the xdocs from document-v10 DTD
to whatever Forrest is currently using. This has not yet happened.

Another big thing was dealing with the "documentation in the webapp".
That is still being generated using the old stylesheets and sitemaps.

Forrest is only doing part of the job, and it seems like a workaround
to me. Unless i am mistaken, when Forrest is doing the command-line
'build docs' then it has to convert on-the-fly from the old document-v10
to document-v11 and then render that - surely inefficient.

--David