cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] SOAPLogicsheet ChristophOberle Fri Jun 27 18:00:03 2003
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:00:03 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SOAPLogicsheet , version: 2 on Fri Jun 27 15:45:09
2003 by ChristophOberle

- I need to understand how to use soap, including using basic authentication.
+ The SOAP logicsheet is able to create a SOAP call, then execute it,
+ and include the results in place of the call.
+ Compare this to the ESQL logicsheet: It creates a DB call, executes it,
+ and includes the results in place of the call.
+
+ ! What is SOAP
+
+ SOAP is a protocol definition, allowing to call "services" over a HTTP connection.\\
+ The SOAP request is a XML message, the SOAP reply too.
+
+ The XML part of a typical SOAP request looks like:
+
+ {{{
+ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8?>
+
+ <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
+  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
+   <getPartnerData>
+    <getPartnerDataRequest>
+     <partnerNo>1</partnerNo>
+    </getPartnerDataRequest>
+   </getPartnerData>
+  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
+ </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
+ }}}
+
+ This XML data must be POSTed to the Webservice's URL
+  (e.g. "http://webservice.somewhere.org/partner").
+ In the HTTP request there has to be a HTTP header "SOAPAction".
+
+ After serving the SOAP request the caller will get a HTTP reply which could look like:
+
+ {{{
+ <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >
+  <soapenv:Body>
+   <getPartnerDataResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"

+    <getPartnerDataReturn>
+     <bpPerson>
+      <birthdate>1960-01-01</birthdate>
+      <nationality>DE</nationality>
+      <lastname>Muster</lastname>
+      <initials>E.E.</initials>
+      <sex>1</sex>
+      <fullname>Dr. Max E.E. Muster</fullname>
+      <firstname>Max</firstname>
+      <partnerNo>1</partnerNo>
+     </bpPerson>
+    </getPartnerDataReturn>
+   </getPartnerDataResponse>
+  </soapenv:Body>
+ </soapenv:Envelope>
+ }}}
+
+ ! ... to be continued  ;-)
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ChristophOberle , version: 6 on Fri Jun 27 15:20:49
2003 by ChristophOberle

- !How it began:
-
+ After Tests with Apache, Tomcat and Cocoon on my NT workstation, we decided to build an
Intranet in the company, where I am working.
- I read about Cocoon in the german magazine iX, and they said,
- that "LAPToC" is the "right way" to build web applications (LAPToC means Linux, Apache,
PHP, Tomcat and Cocoon).
-
- So I decided to install Apache, Tomcat and Cocoon on my NT workstation and
- began using XSP and XSL to build info systems, which all had the following layout:
-
- * XSP page with esql-queries, reading data from Oracle tables
- * XSL-Stylesheets, presenting the results
-
- !The next step:
-
- We decided to build an Intranet in the company, where I am working.
+ * Integration of other business applications by webservices (we use the [SOAP-Logicsheet|SOAPLogicsheet])