cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] FinishingFlow Mon Jun 23 12:00:03 2003
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:00:03 GMT

+ \\
+
+ \\
+
+ \\
+
+ \\
+
+ Here you find a summary of open design, implementation and documentation issues of the Cocoon
control flow. I know we have Bugzilla but I think it is easier to follow the open issues and
the discussion as a whole if we use Wiki!.
+
+ This is a working document - I'll keep it up-to-date
+
+ !!FOM design
+
+ __cocoon.environment.getURIPrefix()__
+ *(RP) How do we provide the getURIPrefix() method? Should it be part of the cocoon object
or do we want to provide an environment object that only has this method implemented?
+
+ __continuations__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __modules__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __script load support__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __callAction__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ !!Flow/FOM implementation
+
+ __getComponent(id)__
+ *...
+
+ __cocoon.addEventListener()__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __cocoon.removeEventListener()__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __release of statefull components__
+ *...
+ *...
+
+ __ClassCastExceptions (FOM_Request != Request)__
+ *(RP) to be tested! is this a problem?
+
+ __sendPage( "sendInternalOnlyPipelineHere", {} )__
+ *a show stopper! [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105396234901954&w=2]
+
+ __recheck if Continuations expiration works correctly__
+ *Some time ago there has been a mail that continuations expiration would not work correctly.
We should check this.
+
+ \\
+ \\
+ \\
+ !!Flow documentation
+ What do we need for a release?
+
+ \\
+ \\
+ \\
+ !!Flow/FOM related
+
+ __move JXTemplateGenerator from scratchpad__
+ *(RP) Generally I think it is mature and ready for prime time.
+ *(RP) Review caching and importing in JXTemplateGenerator: If <c:import uri="cocoon://..."/>
is used it doesn't work correctly. Caching is implemented using a instance variable. Shouldn't
it use the store?
+
+ __move JXForms from scratchpad__
+ *(RP) Do JXForms replace the current implementation of XMLForms? Here is a mail from Ivelin
[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105390872728027&w=2]. Do we need
a vote? AFAIK XMLForms have never been released but they are widely used. At least we need
a migration guide!
+
+ __move Petstore from scratchpad__
+ *(RP) ... but only if database connection layer is rewritten
+