cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] FOM_cookie FOM_Cocoon Thu Jun 19 12:00:03 2003
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:00:04 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOM_cookie , version: 2 on Thu Jun 19 09:43:34
2003 by ReinhardPoetz

+ *__cookie.name__
+ *__cookie.version__
- NONE
-

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOM_Cocoon , version: 4 on Thu Jun 19 09:56:22
2003 by ReinhardPoetz

- __Session getSession()__\\
- NOTE(SM/RR): ''both Ricardo and I believe that the flow should always be associated with
a Session. Thus the use of the semantics "getSession" instead of "createSession". We are,
in fact, against the concept of having the flow behave differently we the session has been
created or it's has not been. This implicit behavior is potentially very dangerous from a
user perspective and should be avoided.
- Moreover, it has been pointed out how continuations can be see as a way to "extend" sessions
rather than replacing them. This would allow us to reuse the session-handling machinery already
in place for things like load-balancing and fault-tollerance.''
- __void callAction(name,map)__\\
?   ^^^^

+ __Map callAction(name,map)__\\
?   ^^^

+
+ __Session getSession()__\\
+ NOTE(SM/RR): ''both Ricardo and I believe that the flow should always be associated with
a Session. Thus the use of the semantics "getSession" instead of "createSession". We are,
in fact, against the concept of having the flow behave differently we the session has been
created or it's has not been. This implicit behavior is potentially very dangerous from a
user perspective and should be avoided.
+ Moreover, it has been pointed out how continuations can be see as a way to "extend" sessions
rather than replacing them. This would allow us to reuse the session-handling machinery already
in place for things like load-balancing and fault-tollerance.''
+
+ Note(RP): ''I removed it in favour of the session object as property of the cocoon object.''
- NOTE(SM/RR): ''the absence of the context object is intentional! we couldn't come up with
a reasonable need for such an object at the flow level. So, for the principle of 'less is
more', we don't consider it. Be aware that if you want to propose its addition, you have to
come up with a reason for it.''
-