cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From stev...@outerthought.org
Subject [WIKI-UPDATE] CocoonPrimer MichaelTiffany NoMoreDtmIdError Thu May 22 23:00:07 2003
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 21:00:07 GMT
Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonPrimer , version: 7 on Thu May 22 20:02:59
2003 by MichaelTiffany

+
+ [Michael Tiffany|MichaelTiffany]\\How about: ''Apache Cocoon is a Java Servlet. Apache Cocoon
takes an XML source as its input, transforms the input information through XSLT, and then
outputs the results of the transformation in any number of supported formats, such as; HTML,
PDF, WAP, VRML, RTF, to name just a few.'' That seems like a simple enough opening... It says
what Cocoon is and what it does.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MichaelTiffany , version: 4 on Thu May 22 20:35:44
2003 by MichaelTiffany

- I've been in love with Cocoon from the moment I laid eyes on it. My everlasting gratitude
to Stefano Mazzochi for having the flash of inspiration which led him to   sketch out the
framework for his brainchild, Cocoon.
+ I've been in love with Cocoon from the moment I laid eyes on it. My everlasting gratitude
to [Stefano Mazzocchi|Stefanomazzocchi] for having the flash of inspiration which led him
to   sketch out the framework for his brainchild, Cocoon.
?
     +              +  ++++++++++++++++++

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NoMoreDtmIdError , version: 3 on Thu May 22
20:56:52 2003 by JoergHeinicke

- \\
+
+ !! The reason
- The Document Table Model ([DTM|http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dtm.html]) is Xalan's document
model and uses the DTM IDs for representing objects. If you have big documents and heavy transformations
the system can run out of DTM IDs (even if there are 2 ^ 16). Some bugs on this issue were
already fixed: [buglist|http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=XalanJ2&short_desc=DTM+available&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&order=Bug+Number].
+ The Document Table Model ([DTM|http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dtm.html]) is Xalan's document
model and uses the DTM IDs for representing objects. If you have big documents and heavy transformations
the system can run out of DTM IDs (even if there are 2 ^ 16). Some bugs on this issue were
already fixed: [buglist|http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=XalanJ2&short_desc=DTM+available&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&order=Bug+Number].\\
?

++

+ But especially the version 2.2.D11 delivered with Sun's JDK 1.4 was susceptible to runing
out of IDs. With more recent releases it's much more difficult to get the exception.